Meet the Burnout Expert who is ready to serve you
You'll know me well in about 5 minutes :)
1. My magic power is knowing the things that you're saying in your head before you say them outloud. My clients and patients often say 'Get out of my head!' with a laugh or, 'How did you know that? I was JUST thinking about it yesterday!' I believe this skill is a combination of knowledge, experience, intuition, and a side of channeling thrown in. My strongest psychic ability is clairsentience - which means I hear things more than I see them or feel them.
2. I believe in swearing. For f's sake. Intentionally using strong language often breaks down barriers between what we're saying and what we want to say. I need you to have the freedom to LET IT ALL OUT, no matter how ugly you might feel it is, so when the time is right, I'll encourage you with an F bomb or two ;)
3. I'm an easy crier. I have a love/hate relationship with crying. As an HSP (highly sensitive person), I'm moved by - nearly anything. I sob big fat ugly tears watching Queer Eye episodes, or even sometimes sobby commercials will get me. Anything that includes families reconnecting or major personal transformation will have my eyes spilling salty water in zero seconds flat.
4. I love puzzles. It is one of the things that made me love Chinese medicine. As a specialist in Chinese medicine, my job is to put together the symptoms in your life like a puzzle to come up with a full, holistic picture of who you are, what your life is like and where to make changes for maximum impact. I also love actual puzzles - they give me time to think and stay away from screens. I usually have one going on my kitchen counter.
5. I have over 20 first cousins. My dad is one of 9 kids and my mom is one of 7. Family gatherings were always big and loud and even being the sensitive type, I always loved being a part of a big family. A holiday dinner with less than 25 or so people feels empty to me!
6. FRIED - The Burnout Podcast is hosted by yours truly! I started FRIED in the summer of 2019 after an unfortunate Achilles rupture followed by surgery. I was off my feet for 3 months and used the time to finish a book (coming soon!) and start a podcast. It's been one of my most favorite things that I've ever done.
7. I speak Polish (fluently) and Czech (conversationally). My husband is Polish and we spent our first 6 years together in Warsaw, Poland and the next 6 in Prague, Czech Republic. I loved living abroad (maybe it'll happen again someday!) and I'm also glad to be home now.
8. Giving back matters. A percentage of sales here at Cait Donovan go to Together Rising, every month. Choosing to give means to me that I am recognizing and acknowledging my privileges and good fortune.
9. I focus on burnt out successful entrepreneurs because that's who I was. I come from a deep place of understanding for your situation because I LIVED it. My burnout story is a bonus podcast episode on FRIED where one of my guests, Nathalie Norris came back an interviewed me to switch things up. You can listen to it here.
New podcast episodes, new courses or membership opportunties - you'll always be the first to know once you're on my mailing list. I send out a heartfelt message to you every week with burnout tips and encouragement (and offers to grab VIP and limited slots in upcoming courses!).